Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Rembrandt Christ On The Cross

you're a wolf and human at the same time, right? Tricky, that. I can see that. Bit of a dichotomy, sort of thing. Makes you kind of like a dog. said. Truth rang on every word.
'The thing is . . . the actual thing is . . . I will, though,' he added, trembling. 'It's a bugger, bein' a dog.'
He thought some more, and sighed.
'Oh, I remember. It's the one in the throat,' he said.'Cos that's what a dog is, really. Half a wolf and half a human. You were right about that. We've even got names. Hah! So our bodies tell us one thing, our heads tell us another. It's a dog's life, being a dog. And I bet you can't run away from him. Not really. He's your master.'The darkness was more silent. Gaspode thought he heard movement.'He wants you to come back. The thing is, if he finds you, that's it. He'll speak, and you'll have to obey. But if you goes back of your own accord, then it's your decision. You'd be happier as a human. I mean, what can I offer you except rats and a choice of fleas? I mean, I don't know, I don't see it as much of a problem, you just have to stay indoors six or seven nights every month—'Angua howled.The hairs that still remained on Gaspode's back stood on end. He tried to remember which was his jugular vein.'I don't want to have to come in there and get you,' he

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

simply stopping by to say hey